We may keep personal data in order to provide you with the level of service you require from us.
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Distributors, stockists, mail order customers, suppliers, newsletter subscribers, social media influencers
Personal Data Collection
We may collect personal data from your in the following ways:
- When you make an online purchase through our website.
- When you purchase a product by phone.
- When you order marketing materials, colour cards or product catalogues from us.
- When you sign up for our email newsletter.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you enter prize draws, competitions or giveaways, either on social media or on our website.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints, etc.
- When you email any email with an @bluerockpaint.com domain name
- When you complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us information they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly-available sources when you have given consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
- When you enter competitions or giveaways, either on social media or on our website.
- When you apply to become a Stockist with us through our website, over the phone or via email.
- When you create an account on our website.
Type of data collected
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, outlined in the following ways:
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers. We will also collect your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data including purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us including the newsletter and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Usage of your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following ways:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes outlined in ‘Usage of your personal data’.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers and third party delivery programs that assist with courier delivery.
- Google, Facebook, Pinterest and AdWords to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. We may also share your personal details, such as your email address with third parties, such as Pinterest, Facebook and Google, for the purposes of targeted online advertising.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.bluerockpaint.com/contact-us/